St. Helena, CA—The Napa Valley Vintners’ (NVV) 37th annual Auction Napa Valley, the world’s most celebrated charity wine event, gets underway on June 1. This year, wine lovers around the world have two ways to participate online even if they can’t attend:
- Bidding is open now through Sunday, June 4 at noon PDT on 186 lots of unique collections of Napa Valley wine and insider experiences in the online E-Auction.
- For the first time, remote bidding will also be available on the event’s 108 Barrel Auction lots from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. PDT on Friday, June 2. These Napa Valley wine futures from recent vintages are offered by the case.
Online pre-registration is required for both E-Auction and remote Barrel Auction bidding.
“Auction Napa Valley is an incredible opportunity for our guests to procure some of Napa Valley’s best wines and exclusive experiences” said Michael Honig, chair of the NVV Board of Directors and president of Honig Vineyard & Winery. “We’re thrilled to expand that excitement to wine lovers around the world. Best of all, proceeds support community health and children’s education nonprofits, so the more people bid, the more we can contribute to these worthwhile causes.”
Lucky winning bidders in the E-Auction will come away with:
- Instant Cellars (24 or more bottles of wine)
- Wine Verticals (some quite rare and many older vintages)
- Insider Experiences (often meals and/or private tours and tastings with vintners)
- Sleepovers (Wine Country overnight accommodations, great for group gatherings and celebrations)
- Big Bottles (large format bottles, many of which are not commercially available)
This year’s Barrel Auction features single, 12-bottle cases of Napa Valley wines from the highly-acclaimed 2014, 2015 and 2016 vintages.
About Auction Napa Valley Since 1981, Auction Napa Valley, the Napa Valley Vintners’ (NVV) annual community fundraiser, has utilized the worldwide reputation of Napa Valley wines and the scenic beauty of the region to enhance the health and wellbeing of the Napa County community. To date, the NVV has invested $170 million from Auction Napa Valley proceeds in local nonprofit organizations. Learn more at auctionnapavalley.org.
About the Napa Valley Vintners The Napa Valley Vintners nonprofit trade association has been cultivating excellence since 1944 by inspiring its more than 525 members to consistently produce wines of the highest quality, to provide environmental leadership and to care for the extraordinary place they call home. Learn more at napavintners.com.
Photo Gallery of Select E-Auction Lots