If you would like to bid, but can't join us in person, register for an E-Bidder Paddle package. There is no charge to register as an e-bidder, but a verified credit card is required during registration in order to bid on any Auction Napa Valley lots. Once you complete your registration, you'll receive an email with your login details and paddle number. The bonus? You can bid in the E-Auction as well!
Paddle holders who are also Auction Napa Valley attendees can enjoy early-access bidding. Get on the tote board right away and plan your strategy to win one or more of these remarkable cases of wine. If you are registered as an Auction Napa Valley attendee, just sign in to your preferred bidding portal and you will automatically be granted early-access bidding.
Early-access bidding begins Thursday, June 1 at 11 a.m. PDT, 24 hours in advance of standard Auction bidding.
Barrel Auction Rules
- The opening bid for all lots is $200 per case and the minimum bid increment is $50.
- All bids past the opening bid must be in multiples of $50.
- The maximum bid increment is $500 until the final hour of bidding when all maximum bid increment restrictions are removed.
- Each new high bid is posted at the top position, knocking the lowest bid out of the top ten.
- It is possible to win more than one case of wine in a lot.
- Bid as often and on as many lots as you wish. When the Barrel Auction closes, the top ten bids for each lot will each win one case of the wine auctioned. Remember: It is the top 10 bids that each win a case of wine, not just the highest bid.
- Wines offered in the Barrel Auction are priced and sold per case and do not include the barrel.
See Auction Terms and Conditions for more information.
This year we're introducing a flexible new web app for bidding in the Napa Valley Barrel Auction. Bid from home, at work or while traveling. Use your desktop, laptop or hand-held device. If you have an internet connection and a 2017 Auction Napa Valley paddle number, you can get in on the action.
The web app will launch in May.
iOS and Android Apps
Prefer to bid on your mobile device? While you can use the web app on your phone or tablet, we also offer native applications for iOS and Android devices. Updated, redesigned and re-envisioned, we've rebuilt the app to make your bidding experience consistent no matter where you log in to your account. Download your preferred app and sign in to enjoy the benefits of easy bidding and push notifications on your smartphone.
We will release the new version soon! Stay tuned...
If you will be at the Napa Valley Barrel Auction, we can help you place your bids. Look for volunteers who will be at kiosks located throughout the tasting area. They will quickly log you in so you can navigate your account settings, watch list and bid history. Place your bids and then log out before you leave the kiosk.
If you are attending the Barrel Auction and require assistance, please visit the Information area at the event.
For help before the event, contact us at and we'll respond as soon as possible.
A few general solutions you can try on your own:
- Confirm that you have access to the internet via WiFi or cellular data services.
- Log out of your account and log back in.
- Use the "refresh" button in the iOS or Android app to refresh your data and connection to the auction server.
- Be sure to log in with the same email address you used for registration.
- Reset your password if you've forgotten it and can't log in to your account.