If you would like to bid, but can't join us in person, registration for the E-Bidder Experience will be available prior to the auction open. There is no charge to register as an e-bidder, but a verified credit card is required during registration in order to bid remotely on any Auction Napa Valley lots. Once you complete your registration, you'll receive an email with your login details and paddle number. The bonus? You can bid in the E-Auction as well!
Paddle holders who are also Auction Napa Valley attendees can enjoy early-access bidding. Get on the tote board right away and plan your strategy to win one or more of these remarkable cases of wine. If you are registered as an Auction Napa Valley attendee, just sign in to the bidding portal and you will automatically be granted early-access bidding.
Early-access bidding begins 24 hours in advance of standard Auction bidding.
Barrel Auction Rules
- The opening bid for all lots is $200 per case and the minimum bid increment is $50.
- All bids past the opening bid must be in multiples of $50.
- The maximum bid increment is $500 until the final hour of bidding when all maximum bid increment restrictions are removed.
- Each new high bid is posted at the top position, knocking the lowest bid out of the top ten.
- It is possible to win more than one case of wine in a lot.
- Bid as often and on as many lots as you wish. When the Barrel Auction closes, the top ten bids for each lot will each win one case of the wine auctioned. Remember: It is the top 10 bids that each win a case of wine, not just the highest bid.
- Wines offered in the Barrel Auction are priced and sold per case and do not include the barrel.
See Auction Terms and Conditions for more information.
Use our flexible web app for bidding in the Napa Valley Barrel Auction. Bid from home, at work or while traveling. Use your desktop, laptop or hand-held device. If you have an internet connection and a 2020 Auction Napa Valley paddle number, you can get in on the action. Sign in at barrelapp.auctionnapavalley.org to get started.
iOS and Android Apps
All bidding in the 2019 Napa Valley Barrel Auction will be done in our mobile-friendly web app. No downloads or installations required!
PRO TIP: Save a bookmark to your home screen in order to access the app quickly on your mobile device. And if you have an iOS or Android application installed from a previous year, please be sure to delete it.
If you will be at the Napa Valley Barrel Auction, we can help you place your bids. Look for volunteers who will be at kiosks located throughout the tasting area. They will quickly log you in so you can navigate your account settings, watch list and bid history. Place your bids and then log out before you leave the kiosk.
If you are attending the Barrel Auction and require assistance, please visit the Information area at the event.
For help before the event, contact us at and we'll respond as soon as possible.
A few general solutions you can try on your own:
- Confirm that you have access to the internet via WiFi or cellular data services.
- Log out of your account and log back in.
- Be sure to log in with the same email address you used for registration.
- Reset your password if you've forgotten it and can't log in to your account.
- Use a normal browser window to bid. The app may not operate correctly when using a private browser session. For more information about private browsing see: Android/Chrome Incognito Browsing and iOS/Safari Private Browsing