The Napa Valley Vintners makes grants from Auction Napa Valley proceeds to agencies within Napa County that are meeting a documented, demonstrated, community need in the areas of community health and children's education.
Our goal is to invest deeply rather than broadly to have a meaningful, measurable impact on the community. The majority of grants support organizations providing programs for Napa County's neediest residents, focusing on strategies for prevention and early intervention.
Based on these priorities, NVV awards grants from its Community Support Fund to provide substantial and typically unrestricted funding to a core group of about 25 organizations that work within the long-term priorities. NVV funding is an investment in the mission of the organization rather than for specific programs or projects.
- NVV's grantmaking model
- Community Support Fund Guidelines (eligibility requirements and selection criteria)
- Level of Evidence Matrix
Community Support Fund Grants – Application Process & Timelines
In order to streamline our grantmaking process, we are making some changes for the 2016 cycle:
- A Letter of Intent (LOI) is no longer part of the submission process. After verifying eligibility, applicants may access the full online application.
- Organizations that meet eligibility requirements may apply within one of these two long-term strategic priorities:
501c3 nonprofit organizations whose programs support children's success in school
- April 4 – Application Information Packet
- May 12 – Applications due
- June/July – Applications reviewed
- Mid August – Board makes funding decisions and applicants are notified
501c3 nonprofit organizations whose programs support prevention, treatment, and/or education related to physical, mental, and/or behavioral health
- June 30 – Application Information Packet
- August 15 – Applications due
- August/September – Applications reviewed
- Mid October – Board makes funding decisions and applicants are notified
Contact Susan Duke, community investment manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 707.968.4203